DATE THIS FORM WAS SENT OUT
DATE THIS FORM WAS RECEIVED
APPLICATION FOR ENDORSEMENT
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENDORSEMENT
1. The organization must be incorporated as a philanthropic organization and have responsible and satisfactory local management. Its administrative committee or board of managers shall meet at least four times a year.
2. The organization must be doing a work whose value is commensurate with the amount of money expended.
3. The organization shall agree to [cooperate] with other charitable institutions in promoting efficiency and economy of administration in the charities of the city as a whole and in preventing duplication of effort. Those organizations engaged in relief work shall register their cases with the Social Service Registration Bureau.
4. The organization shall fill a need not already well filled by an existing organization and not capable of being thus filled. Those who desire to inaugurate new philanthropic organizations should give the fullest opportunity for the discussion of the proposed plans by a group, or groups, of persons who have had wide experience in philanthropic work.
5. The methods employed in raising funds shall be approved by this committee. The committee will refuse endorsement when an excessive percentage is paid to collectors, or when the expenses of an entertainment are disproportionate to the receipts.
6. The accounts shall be audited annually by public accountants.
If a religious institution to what ecclesiastical organization is it responsible? <-->
Are the beneficiaries limited to persons of any particular class, nationality or creed? <no>
If so, state the class, nationality or creed <-->
Names of principal officers:
Administration -- Continued.
Names and addresses of Directors or Trustees
How often did your Directors, Managers or Trustees meet last year? <four times>
If you have an Executive Committee how often did it meet last year? <[Residents] met 10 times>
If you have a Finance Committee how often did it meet last year?
By whom are the expenditures authorized? <President and Treasurer>
Give name of Public Accountant whom you have engaged to audit your accounts <Arthur Young & Co>
Do you make use of the Social Service Registration Bureau? (See Requirement No. 3.)
Please send copy of your Charter, Constitution and By-Laws (if you have not already done so); also in the case of hospitals, dispensaries, maternity homes, orphanages, child placing institutions, etc., please send copy of last State or Municipal License or similar credentials, such as are usually issued by the Health Department, State Board of Administration, etc., etc.
Please send specimen forms of record cards and blanks in use for applicants or other beneficiaries.
Please notify the Subscriptions Investigating Committee whenever there are changes in the charter, constitution, by-laws, administration or character of your organization. Until otherwise notified the Committee will use the information given in this form.
It is essential that this Application be accompanied by:
Copy of LAST ANNUAL REPORT, giving complete account of the work accomplished by your organization.
Signature of President or Superintendent of Organization giving information.