Places

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Documents in this collection

Henry Booth House.JPG

Henry Booth House
Founded in 1898 and named after Judge Henry Booth, the first head of the Chicago Society for Ethical Culture, the settlement initially served Russian Jews who lived near the city’s open-air Maxwell Street market. From 1906 until its demolition to…